Solar & Photovoltaics
Full Service Electrical Contractors
Uniformed Service Electricians
24/7/365 Emergency Service
NFPA 70E Compliant
Solar and Photovoltaic Services
Industrial facility owners and operators can gain many benefits from installing solar energy sources on building roofs, or as ground-mounted systems on commercial or industrial campuses. Many companies we have worked with have massive manufacturing and production facilities with very large flat roof space. Installing a solar photovoltaic array in these spaces becomes a source of clean, low-cost energy.
The solar photovoltaic system size for the majority of industrial installations is much larger than a typical residential solar system. An industrial solar photovoltaic system can measure up to several megawatts (MW), depending on the amount of electricity the facility needs.
An industrial solar photovoltaic system is referred to as “distributed generation,” which means that energy produced by the solar photovoltaic system is used at or close to the point of energy generation. Distributed generation installs such as rooftop or ground-mounted solar photovoltaics are normally tied into to the local electricity grid. This provides industrial property owners the ability to take advantage of net metering, which is a method enabling distributed generation customers to send electricity hasn’t been used back to the grid for some sort of monetary credit or compensation.
Solar & Photovoltaics FAQs
What is a Solar Photovoltaic system?
A solar photovoltaic system, also PV system or solar power system, is a power system designed to supply usable solar power by means of photovoltaics. In essence harnessing light energy and using it to produce electrical energy for a facility.
What are the benefits of a Solar Photovoltaic system?
There are many benefits of Solar Photovoltaic system. Below are several for your review:
- Electricity produced by solar cells is clean and silent. Because they do not use fuel other than sunshine, PV systems do not release any harmful air or water pollution into the environment, deplete natural resources, or endanger animal or human health.
- Photovoltaic systems are quiet and visually unobtrusive.
- Small-scale solar plants can take advantage of unused space on rooftops of existing buildings.
- PV cells operate reliably for long periods of time with virtually no maintenance.
- Solar energy is a locally available renewable resource. It does not need to be imported from other regions of the country or across the world. This reduces environmental impacts associated with transportation and also reduces our dependence on imported oil. And, unlike fuels that are mined and harvested, when we use solar energy to produce electricity we do not deplete or alter the resource.
- A PV system can be constructed to any size based on energy requirements. Furthermore, the owner of a PV system can enlarge or move it if his or her energy needs change.
What type of Solar Photovoltaic system would our facility need?
Determining the exact Solar Photovoltaic system needs of a facility is very dependent on the facilities operations and business needs. No two facilities are exactly alike and there are many dependencies that factor into what sort of Solar Photovoltaic system should be used.
Get in touch with us using the form below to talk about what sort of Solar Photovoltaic system would be best for your facility.
News & Events
Join us for our monthly lunch and learn covering the topic of ARC Flash Analysis and Preventive Maintenance.
We are excited to announce that Craft Electric & Maintenance, Inc. is now a Certified Installer of Exertherm™.
We would like to congratulate Jay Godfrey our Vice President for obtaining his NFPA Certification as an Electrical Safety Compliance Professional “CESCP.”